Thursday, July 27, 2023

Who Am I? Profile for Memorial University Board of Regents

Hi, my name is Theodore Bonnah.

I am running for an alumni position on the Memorial Board of Regents.

For the interim, I'll be using this research blog to communicate my platform and my thoughts.

First, the big question:

Who Am I?



BIO

I’m a NunatuKavut, PhD in Global society studies (Doshisha 2016), and former associate professor in the economics department of Kobe International University. I’m home for family and personal reasons.



Here are my relevant skills and vision for Board of Regents at Memorial.



I’ve done corporate consulting on DEI (Diversity & Equity for Innovation), as well as corporate communications, using Discourse Analysis to understand how corporations misunderstand power relations, ignore the complexities of identity, and break rules of interaction, and how to fix this problem.



I’ve been on the hiring, education, crisis response, and international exchange committees of a Japanese university.



My PhD was in neoliberal economic discourse, and was a tenured associate professor in an economics department.



I have a PhD in Global society studies from a renowned French academic who was a student of Pierre Bourdieu.



I also successfully fought workplace harassment at a Japanese university and received a settlement for the pain I suffered.



I advocated for my son in the Japanese education system, and volunteer taught him at his school for two years because of the lack of support there.



I aim to create a Board of Regents where communication and consensus are first and foremost, both to encourage the good works of faculty, staff, and students at MUN, while mitigating the worrying corporatism that seems to have taken hold of its executive.


No comments:

Post a Comment